The right gear can make or break any expedition. That's why they've created the new PhD Outdoor Mountaineer socks, Smartwool's most technical mountaineering socks ever. We put some serious sock science to work in these all-mountain socks, including revolutionary Indestructawool technology for ultimate durability and the 4 Degree elite fit system for a dialed fit. We placed high-density cushioning where you need it most, in the heel and toe, while using a flat knit on the leg to accommodate low-volume mountaineering boots. Mesh zones offer breathability, flex zones offer added comfort, and Merino helps keep feet warm, dry and comfortable.
- Flex zone at ankle offers maximum flexibility
- 20-30 mmHg graduated compression rating helps post-activity recovery
- Virtually Seamless™ toe
- 14" overall height
- 4 Degree™ Elite Fit System - Uses two elastics for greater stretch and recovery to keep the sock in place
- Indestructawool™ technology features a patent-pending construction method for exceptional durability and comfort
- Mesh ventilation zones provide optimum moisture management and maximum breathability
- High-density cushion in heel and toe offers protection in high impact areas. Ideal for low-volume mountaineering boots.
Knee High Weight:
50% Merino Wool, 43% Nylon, 7% Elastane